Playing in the Basel-Manchester United, Zlatan Ibrahimovic became the first player in history, who has participated in seven clubs, competing in Champion League.
- Ajax club: First time, Ibrahimovic debuted for Ajax Champions League. The first battle, the 36-year-old striker has set up a double kick, helped Ajax to defeat Lyon, with score 2-1.
- Juventus club: Only played for Juventus in the two seasons from 2004-2006 but Ibrahimovic appearanced 19 times in the European arena, scored three goals.
- Inter Milan Club: Ibrahimovic joined Inter Milan in the 2006/07 season and soon became a “backbone player.”After 22 appearances in three Champions League seasons, the Swede scored six goals.
- Barcelona Club: Joining Barcelona, Ibrahimovic scored four goals in the Champions League after only 10 appearances. However, the Swedish star emerged in contradiction with Pep Guardiola coach and was quickly pushed to AC Milan.
- AC Milan Club: In Milan, Ibrahimovic became Serie A star. In the Champions League, the 36-year-old scored nine goals after 16 matches.
- PSG Club: Playing for Paris team in four seasons, The Swedish star’s Champions League record was also impressive.After 33 appearances, Ibrahimovic scored 20 goals.
- Manchester United Club: Although joining the M.U from the 2016/17 season but until next season, Ibrahimovic officially joined the Champions League. In this comeback, 36-year-old striker set a record: “The first player in the Champions League in seven different clubs.” Unfortunately, Ibrahimovic can not help M.U avoid losing to Basel.